desordre.chaosisme.com reopened. Go on chmod666.org for all new posts.
category : computer
created : 11/17/13 - 20:32:19
This site was down for more than a year because my employer forced me to bring it down, French employers are ruthless and do not forgives you any errors. A few weeks ago I decided to quit this job and I'm now working for another French bank. I'm now not afraid anymore to be fired because of this blog this is the reason why I decided to reopened it. All news posts will now published to the well known chmod666.org.
Long live chaosisme.com.
AIX VIO More than 20 VLANS on one single SEA
category : computer
created : 04/13/12 - 20:13:42
VIO Servers profile modification
- Add one more Virtual Ethernet Adapter on VIO Server profile. Check points below for this future adapter :
- Needs to be 802.1 compatible adapter (on yellow on image below).
- Has a minimum of one Additional VLAN IDs (on green on image below).
- Has to have same priority than first Virtual Ethernet Adapter (if dual VIO Server, 1 for first VIO Server, and 2 for second). (on blue on image below).
- Use a uniq PVID, not used by any vlan (throwaway PVID), and not used by first Virtual Ethernet Adapter (in our case 998, different than 999, PVID used by first Virtual Ethernet Adapter). (one red on image below)
- Don't forget to add the new adapter with DLPAR, if you do not want to reboot VIO Server.
VIO Servers SEA modification
- Add the fresh new Virtual Ethernet adapter on VIO Servers (boths if dual VIO Servers) :
$ chdev -dev ent7 -attr virt_adapters=ent5,ent9
- ent7 : Shared Ethernet Adapter.
- ent5 : Old Virtual Ethernet Adapter (802.1q).
- ent9 : Fresh new Vritual Etherent Adapter (802.1q).
- If you want to change the PVID use for non-VLAN-tagged packets you can do it :
$ lsdev -dev ent7 -attr
attribute value description user_settable
accounting disabled Enable per-client accounting of network statistics True
ctl_chan ent4 Control Channel adapter for SEA failover True
gvrp no Enable GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) True
ha_mode auto High Availability Mode True
jumbo_frames no Enable Gigabit Ethernet Jumbo Frames True
large_receive no Enable receive TCP segment aggregation True
largesend 0 Enable Hardware Transmit TCP Resegmentation True
lldpsvc no Enable IEEE 802.1qbg services True
netaddr 0 Address to ping True
pvid 999 PVID to use for the SEA device True
pvid_adapter ent5 Default virtual adapter to use for non-VLAN-tagged packets True
qos_mode disabled N/A True
real_adapter ent6 Physical adapter associated with the SEA True
thread 1 Thread mode enabled (1) or disabled (0) True
virt_adapters ent5,ent9 List of virtual adapters associated with the SEA (comma separated) True